The bike kinda builds itself,
all I do is put it together.

The contents of this blog is a record of work carried out by the author and other third party information and pictures gleaned from various sources on the internet. It is published for academic interest and entertainment only. It is neither suggested or intended that any work or modifications shown here are to be carried out by any party reading the blog.

The Hitchcock Rigid Conversion

Mission Statement

This blog has been set up as a record of my attempt to build a cool Bobber style bike out of the Royal Enfield Bullet. With the cost of genuine early British and American bikes and parts spiralling upwards in the face of the current global economic climate, building a retro style custom is rapidly becoming cost prohibitive. Initially, there will be a period of accruing parts and information as the bike I intend to re-create is my daily rider.
I have heard so many horror stories about the Indian made Bullet from people who's mate used to have one, that I have lost count. All I can say is that I have covered over 20,000 miles on mine in the last three and a half years, and feel happy that it is quite capable of doing another 20.
So if you like the idea or just curious, you are welcome to come along for the ride.

Sunday, 11 December 2011

Job done

Had 2 days off went to a dog show at the NEC , so today i went up to work to have a few hours on the trailer.
I got some mudguards off Ebay but they were not there so i finished off a bit welding and capped a few holes in the box section and laid on some primer....now what colour to do it????
Well it had to be "Bills Bullet" black silver and alloy!!
And this is it bizzy drying and waiting for my mudguards to arrive.
I will need the trailer to take it to the DVLA to say it has been changed back into a bike from a trike plus it is going to be handy for weekends away in the Lakes,fill the jeep full of camping gear and have the bike on the back.

OK for my next trick?

Thursday, 8 December 2011

ready for paint

Stop for the front wheel jams in just nice,gets a good hold
Had a couple of straps tieing it down but did not feel right,cant use straps on anything else for fear of damage! SO i had 2 spare holes in the engine mount drilled a couple of holes in the trailer and just bolted the soddin thing in! sorted
ramp made from some metal walkway we had lying around from a job
Going to try and get in tomorrow night and give it a lick of paint

Wednesday, 7 December 2011


 well am back,i needed something to tow the bike on.When i go away it is normally miles and have a couple of dogs with me,so a trailer was to be had.Cost a bloody fortune.Few phone calls and my mate gave me this
and here we are a couple of hours later.Out with mr makita and it was well bobbed.Try and get it finished tomorrow then i can get the bike away from work

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Power up for a good yarking!!

Well this is the last post before i hand the reins back to Mr Qmaster . Just had to fire the old girl up and give it a yarking , you know how it is test for bits falling off and how strong the chain etc etc.
So it is back to Brian and his Bullet Bobber.
Thank you for your time it has been fun doing the blog,till my next project.


Wednesday, 30 November 2011


All done,job's a gudden

Sunday, 27 November 2011


A bit of a tour around

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

THUMP THUMP.....................

Time please

ok lets get this sorted i need to hear it running
made an adaptor for the dial gauge,simples


outside to get a bit air around it

Can o worms

Started on the wires,can of worms

Got hold of some black cloth tape i think it blended them in quite nice
Not to bad up front